On Friday, I am going to London for the weekend! I’ve only been once before, in 2013 I went to Fashion Week for a few days with uni, but I haven’t done any of the touristy things before. We fly down on Friday and home on Sunday, so lots of time for activities!
I’ve been searching the internet for posts about what to pack for city breaks, and London in particular, but not much has came up. I always do this before going places because I hate packing. It’s always interesting, and somewhat comforting, reading other people’s views on essentials for a trip. I know what I need to take, but there’s so much I want to take – that I probs don’t need! So, I’m writing this for people like me, who search for posts like this.
These are six “essential” things based on what I have taken on previous trips and what I think I will need for London…
1. Camera. Yep, I’m gonna be a typical tourist and snap away! I recently bought a Canon camera which I’ve been using for blogging. I’m excited to take lots of photos!
2. Mom Jeans. These are super comfy and great for a city break, easy to dress up or down. Especially good for London in February as I assume it’s going to be quite cold!
3. Layers. It can be hard to pack a stylish and compact wardrobe suitable for the weather. Neutral coloured cardigans or jumpers are easy to add to an outfit if you’re needing some extra warmth. (A blouse or shirt is a good idea too as they look good with or without the addition of a jumper)
4. Leather Boots. Heeled boots are great as they can be worn day and night. I’ll probably take trainers too, but it’s good to keep your options open! I’m not really a high-heels gal so I’ll wear boots out at night. These ones are from River Island.
5. Backpack. I just think a backpack would make life easier when walking about shops etc. This leather backpack is from Urban Outfitters, I use it all the time and would say it’s the perfect size.
6. Lipstick. Maybe this isn’t an essential item, but I’d certainly be lost without it! Down-sizing my makeup bag for a trip away means ditching my bigger eyeshadow palettes, so I make up for it with a dark lip – this is Whirl, a darker nude.
I hope you found this post useful if you’re struggling to pack for a weekend away! Apart from the obvious, let me know if there’s anything else I might need. Thanks for reading!